When you order from Diecast Model Centre, you do so safely in the knowledge that your 100% satisfaction is of paramount importance to us. You may inspect your purchase in the same way as you would in a retail shop, and if for any reason, you are not totally happy with your purchase, you may return it to us within 30 days of receipt.
Our returns process is quick and easy; you don't need to call or message us first, simply make a returns request through your online account.
What items are returnable?
- You can return any model or display accessory within 30 days of receipt of your order. All we ask is that the item (including the manufacturers' box/case) is returned in the same unopened condition (not applicable to faulty/damaged items) as when we despatched it along with any free items that may have been received as part of the order.
What items are non-returnable?
- Items that have been supplied as personalised unless deemed as faulty, ie: items where we have affixed personalised number plates for you.
- Services that we have provided, ie: affixing personalised number plates
Are there any charges for return?
- We will issue a pre-paid label for your return, but if you prefer, you may return your item(s) using a fully-tracked service provided by a carrier of your choosing at your own expense.
- If you choose to use the pre-paid label that we issue, you will be charged £3.00 which is deducted from your refund.
- No charge is made for the return of items that are deemed as faulty or incorrectly supplied when returned using the pre-paid label that we issue.
How soon will I get my refund?
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you a message to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval, rejection or any deductions from your refund.
- Approved refunds will usually be applied to your original method of payment, within 14 days.
How to make a return?
- CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR RETURN
- Follow the link above to log in to your Diecast Model Centre account. If you don't have one, you can create one at this stage.
- From your orders list, locate and click on the order that contains the item(s) that you would like to return
- Click on the Request return button
- Click on the reason for your return and add any extra information in the notes.
- That's it, your return has been submitted and we'll be in touch within 24 hours Mon-Fri.
1: Cancellation By You
1.1.1: If you wish to cancel your order before payment and/or despatch, you must contact us requesting a transaction cancellation as soon as possible after placing your order. If your goods have already been despatched, it is the buyers’ responsibility to exercise a duty of reasonable care of those goods once received and to ensure that they are securely returned to us as per The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCR).
1.1.2: If you wish to cancel your order after the delivery of your goods, you must request a cancellation of the transaction within 30 days of receipt. The buyers’ responsibility is to exercise a duty of reasonable care of the goods and ensure that they are securely returned to us per The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCR).
1.1.3: Cancellations will only be accepted from the person(s) who placed the original order.
1.2: You may assess your goods in the same way as you would be able to do so in a shop. However, should you decide to return them to us, we will take action against any breach of your statutory duty of reasonable care of the goods returned, i.e. make a deduction from your refund. Such breaches may include but are not limited to handling the goods more than necessary, the unnecessary opening of the goods, breaking of box seals, damage to the goods, modifying the goods, incomplete goods, and goods in a condition making them unsuitable for resale.
1.3: Orders for personalised goods, such as those modified with number plates affixed before despatch, may not be cancelled, exchanged or refunded.
1.4: Goods for return must be despatched to us within 14 days of you notifying us of your intention to return them or within 30 days from the delivery date, whichever is longer.
1.5: Any free items received conditional on purchasing the returning item must be returned to us in an unopened condition, or they may be charged for.
1.6: Where a return has been made using a pre-paid label provided by us, we will deduct a charge of £3.00 from your refund.
1.7.1: Refunds will be made to the purchaser's original payment method.
1.7.2: Refunds may take several days to be processed by the payment provider after we have initiated them. We cannot be held responsible for this processing time or any delays or errors by the payment provider.
1.7.3: Where delivery charges are refunded, these will be at the rate of our cheapest service. We are not liable to refund any charges for an enhanced service.
1.7.4: Where only returning some items on a multi-item order, delivery charges will be recalculated on the remaining order value, and any increase will be deducted from the refund.
1.7.5: Where an order was paid using a gift card, the refund will be by way of a gift card with the same conditions as the original card.
2: If Any Goods Are Faulty
2.1: Where a fault occurs within 30 days (14 days for business customers) of delivery, we will offer either a replacement for an identical item (subject to availability) or a full refund.
2.2: Returns of faulty/damaged goods will only be accepted from the person(s) who placed the original order.
2.3: Goods for return must be despatched to us within 14 days of you notifying us of your intention to return them or within 30 days from the delivery date, whichever is longer.
2.4: Any free items received conditional on purchasing the returning item must also be returned to us.
2.5: It is the buyers’ responsibility to exercise a duty of reasonable care of the faulty/defective goods and to ensure that they are securely returned to us.
2.6: This guarantee does not cover faults or defects caused by accident, neglect, misuse, normal wear and tear or malicious damage.
2.7: Refunds, including delivery charges (where paid), will be made within 14 days of us getting the goods back.
2.7.1: Refunds will be made to the purchaser's original payment method. 2.7.2: Refunds may take several days to be processed by the payment provider after we have initiated them. We cannot be held responsible for this processing time or any delays or errors by the payment provider.
2.7.3: Where an order was paid using a gift card, the refund will be by way of a gift card with the same conditions as the original card.
3: If Goods Are Damaged or Lost In Transit
3.1: Damaged in Transit. Claims for damages sustained in transit should be made to ourselves by the purchaser immediately upon the goods' arrival.
3.2: Lost in Transit. If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 15 working days of the estimated delivery date, the purchaser should notify us of the problem at https://diecastmodelcentre.co.uk/pages/contact-us.
4: Cancellation of Pre-orders
4.1: You may cancel your pre-order before its despatch and receive a return of your deposit by notifying us at https://diecastmodelcentre.co.uk/pages/contact-us.
4.2: Cancellation of pre-orders after goods have been despatched will be as per Section 1 of these Conditions.
5: Cancellation By Us
5.1: We reserve the right to cancel the transaction between us if:
- we consider or have been alerted that your order may be 'high-risk',
- we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered,
- we do not deliver to your area,
- one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers,
- you have asked us to deliver to an address that is not registered with your payment method,
- you have asked us to make a fraudulent declaration to circumvent local taxes and Customs duties,
- financial organisations or law enforcement authorities have advised us to do so.
- your parcel has been returned to us as undelivered and/or uncollected for reasons beyond the control of our delivery provider,
- we cannot collect the balance payment due on your pre-order after five days have expired since our first attempt. In such instances,we will retain your deposit to help cover our administration costs, stocking costs, and loss of profit.
5.2: If we cancel your transaction, we will notify you and refund you as soon as possible any monies paid, but in any event, within 14 days of our notification of cancellation to you. We will not be obliged to offer additional compensation for the inconvenience and/or disappointment.
last updated: 13.06.23
Main changes are rewording and numbering of paragraphs to improve readability, clarification of refund processing, inclusion of clause that returns to be made by purchaser.