The terms " Diecast Model Centre", "us" or "we" when used in this shop and in these Terms & Conditions refers to the owner of the Website whose address is 46 Brutton Way, Chard TA20 2HB, United Kingdom. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our shop.
- The content of the pages of this shop is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered in this shop for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials in this shop is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this shop meet your specific requirements.
- This shop contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this shop which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged in the shop.
- Unauthorised use of this shop may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this shop and any dispute arising out of such use of the shop is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what Websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are registered in the ICO Data Protection Register, registration no. A8454346, and comply with the requirements of GDPR.
The basis on which we process information about you:
- Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
Sell products to you
Provide you with our services
Verify your identity
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
- Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you ask us to provide you with more information about our products and services or subscribe to our newsletters, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Wherever possible, we aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by email to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
- Sending a message to us
When you contact us by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
- Access to your personal information
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by sending us a request at email@example.com.
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information. This information must be provided free of charge, unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. We will endeavour to supply this information without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt. If the request is complex or numerous we can extend this period by a further two months. You will be informed, if this is the case, within one month of the request with an explanation as to why it is necessary
- Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
- How you can complain
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
- Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
To provide you with the services you have requested;
To comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
To support a claim or defence in court.
You may request a copy of our retention policy by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on the day you view our Website. We advise you to print a copy for your records. This policy was last updated in February 2019.
Cancellations, Returns and Refunds
Cancellation By You
- Prior To Payment and/or Despatch. If you wish to cancel your order prior to payment and/or despatch, then you must contact us requesting a cancellation of the transaction as soon as you can after placing your order. If your goods have already been despatched, it is the buyers’ responsibility to exercise a duty of reasonable care of those goods once received and to ensure that they are securely returned to us at the buyers’ expense under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.
- Upon Receipt. If you wish to cancel your after delivery of your goods, then you must request a cancellation of the transaction within 30 days of receipt of your goods. It is the buyers’ responsibility to exercise a duty of reasonable care of the goods and to ensure that they are securely returned to us at the buyers’ expense under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.
We will take action against any breach of your statutory duty of reasonable care of the goods returned. Such breaches may include but are not limited to the unnecessary opening of the goods, breaking of box seals, damage to the goods, incomplete goods, goods in a condition not suitable for resale.
Refunds will be made within 14 days of either us getting the goods back, or you providing evidence of having returned the goods (for example, a proof of tracked postage receipt from the post office), whichever is the sooner.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Regulations, we are not obliged to accept cancellations or provide refunds on auction-style listing transactions unless the goods are not as described or are faulty.
If Any Goods Are Faulty
- Where a fault occurs within 28 days (14 days for business customers) of delivery, we will offer either a replacement for an identical item (subject to availability) or a full refund.
- If you require a replacement item, you must notify us before making any returns. It is the buyers’ responsibility to exercise a duty of reasonable care of the faulty/defective goods and to ensure that they are securely returned to us.
- If you require a refund, you must notify us before making any returns. It is the buyers’ responsibility to exercise a duty of reasonable care of the faulty/defective goods and to ensure that they are securely returned to us.
Goods returned to us due to a fault or other defect will be inspected by us upon receipt and where this is confirmed, we will reimburse buyers within the EU for their return postage costs up to maximum of the cheapest available regular (non-courier) postal service.
This guarantee does not cover faults and or defects caused by accident, neglect, misuse, normal wear and tear or malicious damage.
Refunds will be made between 2 and 30 days after the transaction is cancelled.
If Goods Are Damaged or Lost In Transit
- Damaged in Transit. Claims for damages sustained in transit should be made to ourselves immediately upon the goods arriving.
- Lost in Transit. If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 15 working days of the estimated delivery date for UK orders and 25 working days of the estimated delivery date for overseas orders from the estimated date of arrival, please notify us of the problem at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation By Us
We reserve the right to cancel the transaction between us if:
- we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered
- we do not deliver to your area
- one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers
- you have asked us to deliver to an address that is not registered to your payment method
- you have asked us to make a fraudulent declaration in order to circumvent local taxes and Customs duty
- we have been advised to do so by PayPal or law enforcement authorities
If we do cancel your transaction we will notify you and refund to you as soon as possible any monies paid, but in any event within 5 working days of our notification of cancellation to you. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for inconvenience and/or disappointment suffered.
This Website and its content is copyright of Diecast Model Centre - © Diecast Model Centre 2005-2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other Website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The information contained in this shop is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Diecast Model Centre and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this shop.
The foregoing in no way affects your Statutory Rights and all goods offered by the company will meet the obligations under consumer protection laws including: The Consumer Rights Act 2015, The Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982, The consumer Credit Act 1974, The Trade Descriptions Act 1968, The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the 1999 Regulations, The Consumer Protection Act 1977, The Data Protection Act 2018, The Consumer Contracts Regulations.