Want to add a personalised touch to your model car or bike? What better or easier way than to opt for a set of our free personalised number plate stickers when ordering your model. Create your own plate, be it a genuine one, a name, numbers, vehicle model; whatever you want really, so long as it's not rude or offensive.
All number plates can be printed with up to 8 characters including spaces and are available for most 1:24 and 1:18 scale model cars and most 1:12 scale model bikes.
Supplied on sticker sheets for self-application, you will receive application instructions, also shown below, and two of each plate just in case things don't go right the first time. However, if you would like us to affix the plates to your model for you, we can do so for a small extra charge but please be aware this may affect your rights to return the model should it not be suitable.
How to add number plates to your order:
- On the product page look under 'Add an Accessory', look for the Number Plate section
- Choose the plate type you would like from the dropdown selector
- Tick the box to add it to your order
- When in the Shopping Cart,(not the checkout), please add the plate text, up to 8 characters including spaces, in the Order Notes box
Ordering more than one item with different number plates (applicable only to plates affixed to model):
- Use the instructions above to add number plates to the required products and reference the product SKU's to the plate text in the Order Notes box
Points to note:
- Free number plates are supplied on sticker sheets for self-application.
- Plates may not be an exact fit for the plate holder on the model and thus may require trimming
- Some models, particularly supercars, do not have plate holders on the front but we still supply front plates
- We will only supply rear plates for bike models
- Number plates will be in the UK format of a white front and yellow rear printed in the UK number plate font
- We won't print plates that contain profanity or in our view that are deemed inappropriate, ie: hate language etc.
- When you choose to have number plates affixed by us, your model then becomes a personalised product and returns restrictions will apply. Please see our Returns Policy for further details.
How to apply number plates to your model:
- Following this guide is done so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all appropriate safety precautions.
- The application of number plates is not intended to be undertaken by children
- Please use blades with care
- You will need either scissors or a knife and a metal rule with a cutting mat or similar
- Using the guidelines on the sheet, cut out one of each plate
- Offer the plates up to the plate holders on your model and trim the plates if necessary
- When you are confident that the plates are the correct size peel the backing sheet off of the sticker
- Carefully align the sticker to the plate holder and apply by gently pressing the plate down - do not rub or smooth the plate as this may mar the ink